GOLDEN DRAGONS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLDEN DRAGONS

Golden Dragons forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP computer problems!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

HELP computer problems! Empty
PostSubject: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:41 pm

okay so everytime i start up the pc it always restarts after the windows logo. sometimes it just
turns into a black screen. If i reset it enough and keep trying after an hour or two, or more lol..
It would eventually go to the desktop. How do I fix this, also no error's show up except when,
sometimes theres a flash of a blue screen, then it just restarts again or turns black. I tried virus
scan, but nothing came up, any suggestions?.. Right now i don't even think it will go to desktop
anymore. >=( .... can't play 9D for now.................. unless i can go on a different computer.
Thanks in advance (:

BTW: it showed up c0000221 unknown hard error when my bro started up on
a cd rom. how do I fix this if I can't even get to the desktop?

p.s I didnt know where to put this so , i put it in players helping players..
Back to top Go down
badnomad

badnomad

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: do this steps   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:27 am

startup pc dirctly puch f8 wen you start winxp

startup in savemode whit internetoptions

then reset pc to earlyer day

if this dont work
tri again startup savemode
rieinstal your grapic driver and directx
hope this wil help you
if not i can give you some more tips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 am

badnomad wrote:
startup pc dirctly puch f8 wen you start winxp

startup in savemode whit internetoptions

then reset pc to earlyer day

if this dont work
tri again startup savemode
rieinstal your grapic driver and directx
hope this wil help you
if not i can give you some more tips

I tried it in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, starts windows normally, pressed F8 at winxp logo, nothing works can't get to desktop.....It would either restart again or turn into a black screen >.< .....
Back to top Go down
coolmanx2
Band Leader
Band Leader

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 pm

"STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error" or "STOP: C0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH" error message occurs
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 314474
Last Review : December 1, 2007
Revision : 3.2
This article was previously published under Q314474
SYMPTOMS
You may receive any one of the following Stop error messages:
STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error
Path\File_name
STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error
C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll (or another specific file or driver)
STOP: 0xC0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH
Path\File_name
For additional symptom details, see the “More Information” section.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This problem may occur if the file that is described in the error message is corrupted. The following files are checked for integrity when Microsoft Windows XP starts: • All driver files (except those that are loaded by the system loader to start. the computer)
• All dynamic-link libraries (DLLs), including User, Graphics Device Interface (GDI), Shell, Kernel, Ntdll, Crtdll, and others.
This problem may occur if you install an inappropriate driver for your hardware. For example, you receive one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section if you install a millions of instructions per second (MIPS) driver on an X86-based computer.

This problem may occur if an Iomega Zip drive is on the same integrated device electronics (IDE) cable as the hard disk drive.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain a new copy of the corrupted file or reinstall Windows XP. If you continue to receive any one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section after you reinstall Windows XP, a hardware problem or a network problem may exist.
Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
This error message may be displayed in many different formats, including an error message that is displayed on a blue screen or an error message that is displayed in a dialog box. The type of format that the error message is displayed in depends on how much of the operating system was loaded when the corrupted file was detected.
Back to the top

go google! but I figured you might had a currupted file, do you remember updating anything recently? any popups about drivers needed to be updated and things like that? well lets keep reinstalling windows xp to a last resort, first lets rollback all the drivers to a previous update. you can do this by going to control panal, system, click the tab that says hardware then select device manager. under each + tab is a device on the machine, click on the plus to open the catagory then right click on the thing inside and select properties. inside the properties select the driver tab and select rollback driver. Try this with at least the display, sound, network, processor drivers. If that doesn't work try all the drivers. and if that doesn't work then you might have to reinstall your operating system. I just hope its a driver and not a DLL file (DLL's cant be fixed, any changes to a DLL file could currupt the system)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Yup i did use google, got the exact same info. The thing is when i boot from the
windows cd, it showed up that error so i cant reinstall windows. I dont think I have
updated anything....I will see what i can do this weekend. thanks all for the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coolmanx2
Band Leader
Band Leader

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:08 pm

also I should state that you should backup everything you dont want to lose, even when doing a rollback of the drivers, but i'm sure you already know that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:13 pm

reformatted the hard drive . but it's still restarts or turns into a black screen.
but now i am able to get into safe mode .At least it starts up now
and thanks for your help (: !!! .
Back to top Go down
ShinRyo
Band Leader
Band Leader
ShinRyo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 am

if you have reformatted your HD and reinstalled your OS it may be your hardware. a black screen makes me think your GPU is dying. If you swapped GPUs try the old on and see. if not, it wont hurt to open up the case and see if you got dust bunnies in there... maybe overheating, check fan if its working, clean exhaust ports, etc... of chance 1 in a million your HD is failing - it does happen for some random reason. did you or anyone install anything before this started happening?

no i got to get back to studying... got a practical exam on muscular system Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP computer problems!   HELP computer problems! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP computer problems!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GOLDEN DRAGONS :: COMMUNITY :: Players Helping Players-
Jump to: